Local News Links:... .........................

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Sherbrook Pool: 15 Before and After Renovation Photos


On January 9, 2017, more than four years after it closed for renovations, the Sherbrook Pool finally reopened. Anyone who was on the tour oohed and aahed at its bright, clean new look.

For many, though, picturing what exactly changed was a challenge.

Back in January 2015, I was part of another tour. This was just over two years after being shut down and renovations were still in their early stages.

I thought I would do some comparison photos to show what exactly has changed.

There were areas that I could not get into, the women's change room and some of the mechanical areas. Also, with walls back in place the behind the scenes stuff like the roof supports were no longer in view. 

Still, I managed to get fifteen images that I could match up and on future visits or tours I will try to fill in others.

If you want to see all of my photos from both tours, check out my Flickr album of the pool. You can read my Winnipeg Free Press column about the pool's history here, or check out my four piece blog post about its past.

 Wider entry door. First Aid room removed for an expanded lobby and seating area.

East side bleachers, only reachable from pool deck area, were removed.



West side bleachers thinned out, replaced with composite benches. Top rows replaced with a mezzanine with tables and chairs.

Remaining "orange" tile repainted white.

Bleachers / storage area on north side removed.

 Old pool deck jack-hammered out and replaced.

Less foreboding looking change room entries !
Men's change room floors, lockers and benches replaced. rearranged washroom.

Upstairs gym area repainted, washroom updated.

No comments: